Photographers will primarily be responsible for producing visual content for our special sections,
advertisements and other marketing materials that come out periodically throughout the
academic year. Photographers are a resource for all of the business departments at EMG.
● Knowledgeable: Understands the direction of the special sections and purpose of these
products and how to visually contribute to the theme and subject matter. Also able to
identify potential topics and help brainstorm creative ideas for writing assignments.
● Adaptable: Photographers will need to be able to switch styles of photography based on
the needs of other departments within EMG. (e.g. ads, magazine, portraiture, etc…)
● Photo Filing and Storage: Will need to upload all content to specific location and file all
accompanying materials in correct places on our server.
● Deadlines: Will be required to meet deadlines with photo content for stories,
advertisements, and other materials as assigned.
● Internal Meetings: Has a weekly meeting to discuss upcoming projects, assignments
and special sections with the Special Sections Editor, Creative director and the
Marketing & Brand Manager. May also have other meetings with other department
personnel to discuss photo opportunities that are above and beyond the scope of
shooting for special sections.
$15-$50 per assignment
● Teamwork: Will work with other content creators to facilitate project goals.
(e.g. writers, designers, videographers, web developers, etc…)
● Goals: Develop compelling content for special sections, advertisements, and other
marketing services as needs arise.
● Other: Other duties as assigned.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
● Must be a creative thinker with a strong desire for innovation. EMG strives to be ahead
of the curve and a thought leader invested in developing new trends and needs student
leaders that embrace those goals and culture.
● The desire and understanding that ongoing research/education drives the mission of
Emerald Media Group and its goal “To make college better.”
Immediate Openings available. Apply by sending email resume and cover letter to email@example.com