Advance Local, one of the nation's leading media marketing companies, is seeking talented and motivated individuals for a Summer 2019 Internship Program with positions in Content, Sales and Marketing. This paid national talent development program extends to Advance Local's affiliate companies located throughout Alabama, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Central New York, Ohio, Oregon, Staten Island and Pennsylvania. Participants in the program will be immersed in one location for 8 weeks. The 2019 summer internship program is designed to be a springboard for talented individuals with demonstrated interest and skills in journalism, marketing or sales.
Content Interns will help produce stories for our readers on local issues and topics. You'll report directly to an Associate Editor and have the opportunity to make significant contributions to your local media group as well as the larger community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day tasks and projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing and researching story ideas
- Fact-checking and copy editing content
- Writing bylined stories
- Producing photos and video
- Interacting on social media platforms with objective commentary, comment moderation and promoting content initiatives
- Complete a project that will be presented to fellow interns and Advance Local executive at the summit
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Must be a current Junior or Senior
- Exceptional writing skills
- Familiarity with web publishing tools
- Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences with frequency and urgency
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and appropriately prioritize tasks
- Preference given to college juniors and seniors pursuing a degree in Journalism, Digital Media, Communications, or related fields
Visit http://www.advancelocal.net/careers/internship-program/ for more information.