2018 Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Intern: VideoBurbank
Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology department develops innovative and cutting-edge software for the various departments within our division and managing the systems that are used to create our celebrated feature animation films.
The goal of this internship is to create videos for social media that will show what life is like for technologists working at Walt Disney Animation Studios. We are looking for someone who can capture our collaborative culture of our studio.
The video intern will work closely with the Sr. Designer in the Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology department to create and execute 1-2 minute videos that can speak specifically to areas which include: Simulation, Artistic, Procedural, Process, Motion, and Rendering. The videos will showcase our latest innovations and industry setting technology. The intern’s responsibilities on these projects would include planning and filming, creating graphic intros and outros, and overall project mangement. A large portion of shooting would require B-roll (additional footage of people working) to play over the interviews.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the fundamentals of camera and lighting operations: including composition, exposure and the ingestion of media to prep for editing
- Overall understanding of Photoshop, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and handling tight deadlines
- Converting digital video into various formats and different platforms
- Candidate should be able to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others
- Adobe After Effects experience
- Color correction software or techniques experience
- Motion graphics experience
- Knowledge of software development and animation workflows a plus
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online: https://www.disneyanimation.com/careers/open-positions