The Urban Collaborative seeks a Temporary Web Designer for their Eugene, Oregon office. The Web Designer will create a website to display a comprehensive master plan for a large, national client. They will assist in modifying code, writing content, adjusting graphics, and uploading media. The ideal candidate will be familiar with WordPress and will have strong writing and graphic presentation skills. The website will be interactive and graphic.
This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, collaborative, and interdisciplinary team focused on helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals through engaging, educational, and efficient participatory processes tailored to each project’s scale, context, and culture. To learn more about The Urban Collaborative, visit www.urbancollaborative.com. Compensation for this position depends on experience and will be a competitive, hourly rate.
Examples of Duties
- Modifying WordPress themes
- Preparing content for web publication
- Designing page layouts to present a wide variety of content
- Presenting maps in web format
- Transferring website between servers
The following are required qualifications for the position:
- Proficiency with WordPress, including modifying themes, custom fields, custom menus, and databases.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Strong data management and organizational skills, with a personal commitment to the quality of the product(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
The following are preferred qualifications for the position:
- Familiarity or interest in topics and principles related to urban design, sustainability, master planning, or architecture
- Demonstrated innovative, strategic and analytical capabilities, self-motivation, and goal-oriented approach
Dates and Hours
Applicants should be able to work at least 15 hours per week from the company's downtown Eugene office. Desired start date is March 4, 2019. Estimated project completion June 2019.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until hired.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Please attach a cover letter, résumé, and portfolio that includes a WordPress project example. Those who are interviewed will be asked to submit three (3) references. Background check required. The position is open until filled. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA.