Video and Photography Assistant
Student Services and Enrollment Management
Monday, July 16, 2018
Pay Type: 10.75-11.50
Hourly: 12-25 hours
Start: As soon as possible
• Photography and Videography including events, portraits and headshots, outward facing marketing campaigns, campus environments, groups of students, and more while following style guidelines
• Color-correcting and editing photos in Lightroom and Photoshop
• Image management: organizing and labeling image libraries
• Videography and video editing including creating storyboards, shot lists, and scripts; interviewing; collecting and editing b-roll; and working with sound and audio
• Scheduling photo shoots, models, and other talent
• File Organization: Maintaining organization of photo and video assets on a shared server.
• Client research: review competition for our clients with online research; help determine client's competitive edge
• Organizing: help keep general office areas organized
Work closely with a professional-level videographer, two professional-level designers, and several video, photo, design, and social media students to produce a variety of videos and photos. Follow general visual and communication principles as well as University of Oregon, and departmental standards. Learn from design, marketing, and communications professionals in a fast-paced, high-volume office. Develop your skills and proficiency with photo and video software, processes, working with vendors and clients, and be an integral part of the communications and marketing team.
Undergraduate applicants must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited educational institution for a minimum of 8 credit hours each term for the current academic year. Graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term; graduate students working on a thesis are required to be enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours per term.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Basic knowledge of photography and videography and how to use a digital SLR camera, strobe photography, and audio recorder and ; ability to effectively use Adobe Creative Suite (especially Lightroom, Premiere, Photoshop, Media Encoder), and Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to learn and use office tools and web systems; available a minimum of 12 hours per week; must be reliable, punctual, and professional; must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Ability to effectively use Adobe Lightroom, Premiere, Photoshop, Media Encoder, After Effects, Audition, Prelude, Bridge, Illustrator; experience with strobe lighting and continuous lighting kits; degree work in art and technology, multimedia, journalism, visual arts, etc.; able to make a multi-year commitment.
This position works a weekly minimum of 12 hours, and maximum of 25 hours. Additional hours are available during school breaks. Photo and video shoots happen at various times, so ability to be flexible with your schedule is required.
Submit a résumé with all relevant work experience, and a cover letter indicating how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, along with three video samples and three photography samples that demonstrate your abilities for the position. E-mail materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.