- Assist Communications and Community Relations activities with the production and promotion of district videos.
- Duties may include videography; postproduction; creative direction of feature stories; among other tasks.
- Organize and produce special video features for various school and district initiatives. Work with students and community to create fun, and unique videos to be shared with community and families, via website, social media platforms, community events and e-newsletters.
- Assist with documenting special events.
- Capture the magic of the nationally recognized Gift of Literacy program.
- Represent SPS at community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and proficiency in video editing and postproduction; videography and cinematography; audio/video setup and production. Professionalism and the ability to work with confidential information are important skills. Knowledge of the web and experience using Adobe products, especially Photoshop and InDesign, are also welcome in potential interns. Applicants must provide a résumé and work samples.
This internship includes many opportunities to work with both internal and external audiences, help develop communications plans, and to assist the Communications Department in the day-to-day running of a dynamic communications program. Past interns have found that spending two terms in Springfield Public Schools allows them to get more involved and help lead long-term projects. Upon successful completion, the candidate will receive a letter of recommendation and portfolio materials. Interns will have the opportunity to enhance their skills and work on long-term projects. This is an excellent learning opportunity for the right college student to assist with the organization and planning of a district- and community-wide communications plan. Contact Jenna McCulley via phone or email to express interest or ask questions- (541) 726-3213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can apply here: https://uoregon.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2123671