The Video Production Technician is responsible for executing a wide range of video production tasks that include operating live studio graphics for news, operating audio mixer for live newscasts, preparing video segments for newscasts, capture news stories as assigned by News Director operating HD video cameras and field equipment, back-up technical director as needed, and utilize graphic software to design/implement new graphics as needed. This role will ensure that the graphics/video/audio in newscasts result in high quality broadcasts and meet specifications set forth by the management.
Operate control consoles for sound, lighting or video. Operate live studio graphics/video board for news. Operating audio mixer for live newscasts and other programming. Monitor broadcasting operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Regulate the fidelity, brightness, and contrast of video transmissions, using video console control panels.
- Select sources from which programming will be received or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Observe monitors and converse with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to ascertain that programs are airing.
- Control audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during radio and television broadcasts
- Create computer-generated graphics or animation. Utilize graphic software to design/implement new graphics accurately and creatively, as needed.
- Capture news stories as assigned by News Director operating HD video cameras and field equipment.
- Preparing video segments/graphics for newscasts
- 1+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance
- Run live studio graphics and video during newscasts.
- Run live audio mixer during newscasts.
- Design graphics for news department.
- Experience running an HD camera, including set-up and tear-down.
- Fill in as back up Technical Director as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with and meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with an on-call, part-time schedule in order to capture the live events needed for programming.
- Familiar with broadcast software: Adobe Premier, Video Production Switchers, Ross Inception, Ross Xpression or iNews a plus.