KOIN 6, a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. Television Station in Portland, Oregon is looking for a Videographer to join our news team.
The photographer combines artistic talent, technical expertise, and composition skills to produce images that will provide a visual story on a given topic as assigned.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events.
* Takes direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
* Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
* Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Responds positively to feedback.
* Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
* Proficient in social networking sites. Ex: Twitter, Facebook.
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
• High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Please visit the Work for us page on our Website at www.koin.comhttps://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2NpjYBu&token=H1zbtMJN7wHGFXc6Xjh5XIIzNU5fxvwQtKf6CmmnGqc%3D or at the Nexstar Website at: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2JxnUO8&token=R6L6I9O5c%2BPq2j%2BBjyOxVZEB%2BMdQwUHMJzSOCVAV290%3D to complete the application process.