Check out an opportunity to get professional experience managing and creating content on social media for the GEO Study Abroad office!
Hourly Rate: $11.75
Position Specifics: Part-time, FLSA non-exempt
Duration: Training & Shadowing in Spring quarter 2019
Summer ‘19, Fall ‘19, Winter ‘20, and Spring ’20
Hours per week: Training – 4-5 hours/wk
Work – 10-15 hours/wk
Click HERE for the online application
Or the copy the link: http://intlsa.uoregon.edu/?go=DigitalCommAsst
A complete application package includes:
- Student Profile
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three (3) work samples (file or links)
- Examples can be: graphic design, video samples, media campaign projects, professional social media accounts, etc
For application questions or issues, Kayla Grosjean at email@example.com
Students can apply here: https://uoregon.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2123671
OREGON FOREST RESOURCES INSTITUTE
STUDENT PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL WORKER – #0150
(SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN)
Must be a junior or senior college student currently enrolled in or having identified a field of specialization in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or another related academic discipline. Familiarity with social media, in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and some experience with social media content management.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
Please send a one-page cover letter and resume to Inka Bajandas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: CP Career
This company is looking for a curious, relatable, enthusiastic and savvy person to manage the social communities for our natural food clients. This person will manage and develop content, helping to reinforce a strong brand voice and nurture relationships with the communities. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about pop culture and snacking, and has prior experience managing a community and creating content – both written and visual.
Found through https://www.campuspoint.com/Jobs/22583 see here for more details
The Communications Assistant will provide a wide range of services and support for the Director of Communications. Through this position, the student will develop skills in creating and executing content for multiple varied mediums to meet the goals of the COE’s strategic communications plan through unified messaging.
Interested individuals should submit the following application requirements by October 26, 2018, to Jessica Roberts at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Communications Intern”. Please include these documents in one PDF:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications as they pertain to the position description
• Writing samples
• Answers to attached questions (see below)
• Names and contact information for two professional references who can confirm your skills
• Screenshot of current class schedule from Duckweb
Please answer the following questions and include them in your application as outlined above.
• Why are you interested in this position?
• Describe your computer skills and your experience using Microsoft Office applications.
• This position works approximately three hours per shift. After reviewing the job description to gain an understanding of the position, how will you prioritize and manage the workload?
• The COE brings in more research dollars than any other college in the university, what experience do you have in reading research articles and papers?
The communications intern will help develop and advance the public relations plan for the FY2019 grant-making year of the Oregon Arts Commission and the Oregon Cultural Trust. He or she will be responsible for researching and writing stories of impact due to grants awarded across the state. Grants are awarded to artists as well as to arts and cultural organizations with a goal of ensuring a positive impact on the lives of Oregonians. The intern will be free to explore and generate stories of impact for enewsletters, social media and "one sheets" used for advocacy purposes.
• Conduct digital communications in a professional and appropriate way on all social media platforms.
• Manage social media traffic and understand current digital trends in other educational platforms.
• Create and execute digital communications plans and strategies with clear articulation of goals, audience, tactics, and metrics.
• Use software tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, TweetDeck, HubSpot).
Email current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of why you want to pursue this position.
Having a desire to learn and being self-motivated are the most important qualifications for this position.
A successful candidate is one who seeks opportunities to learn about other cultures and develop their workplace professionalism.
Must be available to work 2019-2020 academic year. Summer availability is optional.*
Self-motivated and attentive to detail
Interest in or a general knowledge of the Mills International Center
To apply: Complete this application form online, including uploading your schedule, current resume, portfolio or work samples relevant to position, and answers to the application questions. You do NOT need to submit a cover letter, responding to the application questions fulfill that role.
Please prepare a response to the following questions. Please limit your responses to a paragraph per question:
What would you like to learn from working at the Mills International Center?
Please describe a time when you collaborated with an individual or group from a different background, identify any challenges that occurred and how you approached/addressed those challenges.
Please describe an experience that challenged an idea or belief that you had and shifted your perspective.
As an important part of the team responsibilities may include:
Tracking and analyzing media and blog coverage
Building media lists and conducting outreach
Reviewing media queries for client opportunities
Conducting secondary research on behalf of clients
Updating WordPress website content and drafting blog posts
Social media engagement for AM:PM PR and on behalf of clients
Reviewing and translating web and social analytics for AM:PM PR and clients
Email resume and writing samples to: email@example.com